Friday, August 12, 2011

My Tuna Pasta


One of my favorite dishes in the whole wide world is pasta! My soul must have been originally placed somewhere in China (where noodles originated) and then transported to Italy and, for some mythical reasons, it landed in the Philippines! Aha, so much for the unthinkables!

When I am (a) too lazy to thaw frozen food (b) dreadful of MSG-laden fastfood fare and (c) zapped back to life with my Italian soul (really?), I cook pasta! There's something in this carbo-loaded dish that keeps me coming back for more.

You can be really creative in whipping up your own pasta dish. Personally, I like to make tomatoey pasta with lots of chunky bits. But here's the catch, I don't like reddish tomatoey but orangey tomatoey sauce! So I always end up adding all-purpose cream to the mixture to make it orangey. When I say "chunky bits", it means diced veggies such as carrots, red bell peppers, mushrooms and aubergine (eggplant). Let's not forget the meat! To add some meaty texture, I add tuna chunks straight from the can. Remember, I hate thawing frozen food like ground beef or pork or chicken. Is it weird? Nah, it's just me.

In whatever ways you prepare your pasta, it's always a delight to twirl those noodles while they're still hot! And don't forget to sprinkle parmesan! Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment